The Kéo Blade 2 is a more reassuring, more stable, lighter and more powerful pedal with its design completely integrating the blade for better aerodynamics. With 3 cleat release resistances available to satisfy all cyclists.
With the full integration of the carbon spring blade into the body of the pedal, the Keo Blade 2 has excellent aerodynamics features. In addition to this, the pedal has two channels on the underside of the body that allows for optimal airflow passage.
Another new feature of the Blade 2 is the contact area for the cleat. The Kéo Blade 2 features a 68mm wide stainless steel plate molded into the body, which allows the cleat maximum contact with the pedal at all times, whatever the pedaling angle adapted.
Also, to improve the stability and the foot support, the new design ensures that the shape of the cleat fits perfectly (top part of the pedal) and is always in contact with it, whatever the pedaling angle.
The Kéo Blade 2 concept, based on a carbon blade, allows for a more rigid cleat release, which ejects the foot much faster at the end of the release process than a traditional spring.
This makes the pedal very safe and allowed Look to remove the resistance setting. However, to satisfy all cyclists, the Kéo Blade 2 is available with 3 different tensions
- 12Nm that will be ideal for most users
- 16Nm for riders seeking more support
- 20Nm for those looking for maximum support
It is possible to switch from one version to another by changing the blade with a special tool.
The weight of the pedal has been reduced compared to the previous version (Keo Blade Carbon). This is possible thanks to a new and thinner spindle which is lighter, and also to a weight gain on the material of the pedal body.
To achieve greater efficiency, the new Keo Blade 2 spindle has reduced the stack height by using an oversized Chromoly spindle. It is composed of two miniature ball bearings; one 12mm inner x 18mm outer diameters, one 6mm inner x 12mm outer diameters and a needle roller bearing.
LOOK spindles are only approved after a rotational test of 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a load of 90kg on the center of the pedal and an eccentric rotation (replicating a bump each revolution). This test is much higher than the current standard: the EN14781. A double seal ensures the bearings have a very long service life.
About the Look brand
Visionary in creating the first automatic pedal in 1984, LOOK has always stood for passion, innovation, and performance. Their portfolio of riders is like no other including legends like Hinault, Lemond, Bugno, Boardman and Laurent Jalabert. LOOK products enhance performance with maximum style. Over 35 people work within LOOKs research and development department including world-class rider Laurent Jalabert. LOOK engineers have worked with composite material for over twenty years; they built the first monobloc carbon frame and monobloc carbon forks. Enthusiast, Road Racer, Triathlete or Dualthlete, LOOK is the brand to take your performance to that next level.
Top Features of the Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Pedals
- Please Note - The cleats supplied with these pedals will be the non-grip version
- Pedal features
- New carbon blade placed at the heart of the pedal
- Aero profile
- Very large and wide pedaling surface
- Permanent cleat stop contact
- New 13mm stack height
- Very light: 110g
- 100% made in France
- Quick and secure cleat entry/release thanks to the blade
- Maximum power transfer thanks to the new pedaling surface and stack height
- Great foot support thanks to permanent cleat-stop contact whatever the pedaling angle
- Use: Road
- Body material: Injected carbon fiber
- Spindle material: Chromoly
- Pedal thread: 9/16 x 20mm
- Tension: 3 different values (12, 16, and 20Nm)
- Compatible cleats: Look Keo Grip
- Angular movement: 0, 4.5, or 9 degrees depending on type of cleat used (black, gray, or red)
- Warranty: 2 years