The semi-slick. Used on very fast and dry trails.
Low rolling resistance and minimal weight. Primarily for the use on the rear wheel. Tread design: Fast, at studs in the tread center good cornering grip with sturdy lugs on the tire shoulders. Super Gravity version: ADDIX Soft (orange). Puncture- proof (with Apex) with extreme lateral stability for a dynamic ride. Tubeless Easy version: ADDIX Speedgrip (blue). In 27.5+ also with Apex.
The Schwalbe Rock Razor Addix MTB Tyre was designed primarily for use as a rear tyre. Aimed at riders who need a lightning fast tyre for use on very fast and dry trails, it has minimal rolling resistance and little weight.
Fast Rolling, Bites into the Trail
On the central column of the tyre it has fast rolling, low profile flat studs to keep rolling speed consistent. Along the edges on the shoulders of the tread profile it has sturdy, sharp angled lugs that bite into the trail when cornering and help to keep your speed up when coming across fast off camber corners unexpectedly.
Here is a comparison between the ADDIX compounds that shows how they improve performance in relation to the VertStar, TrailStar and PaceStar Compounds.
- Compound: ADDIX Speedgrip
- Construction: TL Easy
- Execution: Enduro, Competition, Fun
- Sidewall Protection: SnakeSkin
- EPI: 67
- Ideal Terrain: Hard pack, mix
- Bead Type: Folding
- Tyre Pressure: 1.60 – 3.50 Bar (23 – 50 psi)
- Weight: 695g (27.5 x 2.35″)
- ADDIX Speedgrip: The compound with by far the widest range of use, almost a universal compound. This versatility makes it ideal for Cross Country, All-Mountain and Trail riding. Durability is 62% higher compared to its predecessor PaceStar, with grip up by 35%.
- TubelessEasy: The Monofile SnakeSkin fabric on the sidewall makes the tubeless conversion for the MTB extremely easy and safe. It also provides the best-cut protection on the sidewall.
- Tubeless Technology: Friction between the tyre and tube is now a thing of the past. This crucially reduces the rolling resistance. It is even smaller than with super light competition tyres. With tubeless, you can ride with less air pressure without restrictions to performance! This brings noticeable advantages in comfort, but also significantly more control in critical situations and on poor routes. Tubeless systems provide very high puncture protection. Sudden air loss due to bursting tubes or valves tearing is ruled out. At the same time, a puncture protection fluid seals incisions within a tenth of a second, during the ride.
- Evo Line: The very best possible, highest-grade materials available, combined with the latest technology to create the highest standard in Schwalbe tyre creation and construction.